Want to work with us?
Please see below for details of our current vacancies:
- 2023 Intern Pharmacist
If you don't see the job for you below, but you want to work with us - please get in touch anyway - as a growing pharmacy going places, we often are adding to our team, and if you like what we do, let's korero! email firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Intern Pharmacist
Exceptional opportunity for your 2023 Internship
- Te Awamutu location, 25 mins from Hamilton.
- Experienced, enthusiastic Preceptor & supportive, fun team
- Modern, recently re-fitted store beside large Medical Centre
- Wide range of dispensing and OTC experience - focused on using your clinical skills
- 2021 NZ Community Pharmacy of the Year winners
Are you looking for an intern site to help you learn, support you, make work fun & rewarding and set you up to be an excellent Pharmacist? Sanders Pharmacy Te Awamutu is looking for a motivated intern to join our award-winning, future-thinking pharmacy team.
Our pharmacy is located next to a busy extended hours medical centre with whom we work very closely - with MedTech access in the pharmacy, joint trainings and lots of interaction. We have an extensive retail / OTC / natural health area and serve a wide range of patients with prescriptions, services, health advice and medical queries. In addition to offering COVID, Flu & Boostrix Vaccinations, we are the Waipa dispensing site for Paxlovid & Molnupiravir. We offer the full suite of Pharmacist services such as ECP, Trimethoprim, OC’s, Sildenafil, as well as Waikato specific projects like anti-coagulant, gout and asthma counselling. We love technology and have an EV-54 Vial filling robot, ReCare and Alpaca blister packing robots which free us up to spend more time with patients.
At Sanders, we have a collaborative team who all like to learn from each other - our 6 passionate pharmacists are involved with research projects, PSNZ, Council, Pharmacy Guild, and Ngā Kaitiaki o te Puna Rongoā. We have a clinical pharmacist on staff who also works in both our local medical centres, and we are currently training a PACT technician. We have a Qualified PreKure Health Coach on staff, and are active in promoting a holistic approach to health and chronic disease management and prevention.
We are proud to be an intern site and offer many varied experiences to ensure you are well prepared for assessment centre and the real world of pharmacy - you won’t be stuck doing the boring jobs, but encouraged to use your clinical skills with patients the team.
You will be excited to be the person who “does that bit extra”, enthusiastic & keen to learn. You will be training under an excellent preceptor, with whom you will have dedicated weekly one-on-one time, and supportive dispensary and retail teams. The Sanders crew are known for our positive staff culture and team approach to offering the best service to our patients.
- Hours: 37-40 hours per week including rostered weekends.
- Location: Te Awamutu is a busy rural town 25 mins from Hamilton, 15 minutes from Cambridge, and 2 hours from Auckland.
- Career path: We have a new pharmacy opening in Cambridge in 2023, and you would have the opportunity to work at both sites, and stay on as a Pharmacist.
- Remuneration: Evolve fees are included in the competitive remuneration package.
- Start date: Flexible start date from December 2022 or Jan 2023.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Gail, Dispensary Manager - email@example.com.